Sunday, January 27, 2013

Junk Food Sunday

Good Evening and Happy Sunday, everyone.  And, what a Sunday it was, you know why?  Because today, I did nothing at all.  I had no worries from work and nothing but food, drink and sleep.  The thing is though, when you have Sunday as ideal as mine, it can be one of the most unhealthy.  Not only was it a fabulous Sunday, it was Junk Food Sunday.

 

Breakfast started with consuming 2inch Peanut Butter cookies and three chocolate covered mini donuts.  With this much sugar I would have been good until 3pm.  But of course, it's Sunday with no worries...I'm not going to even think of how much I ate and should be eating.  After a few hours on the TV, my friend calls me on going out for lunch.  With this much sugar in my system, I'm still filled.  So, the thought of lunch was indecisive.  So, my friend and I took a drive south for about a mile.  Driving through, we realize that the cheap Chinese is heavily laced with MSG.  Awesome flavoring.  But if you're like me, heavily laced food with MSG, one can be sure headaches would ensue.  Next, it wasn't a payday week, so casual dining was looking expensive in the area.  One place we both knew that price would not be too much of an issue and our stomachs will surely be full is Sakura's Kitchen in Tamuning.  Japanese food from that restaurant never fails us.  So for lunch, my friend had a Beef Bowl and I had Yakisoba (fried noodles).  Once again, it was not the healthiest of foods, but I got what I need.


Due to Yakisoba's junk food reputation, one can expect a certain room where the results of the experience led me.  After that ordeal I took a huge nap and woke up around 10 minutes to 6pm.  My friend calls me out again and asks that we should go to the Mall.  First, to eat again.  After all it's dinner time.  Second, there's a new toy he was interested in getting for the PS3.  Because of my unhealthy repertoire, I sought out something extremely light.  At the mall food court, I had the option of combining restaurants into one entree.  What did I choose?  I bought an order of onion rings and fruit punch from Burger King and combined it with Char-su Bao from a Dim Sum place.


The onion ring and char-su bao combo can be off tangent, but certainly a flavorful combination.  But like the yakisoba, it took me to the restroom later.  Oh well, here's to Junk Food Sundays.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  I wonder if I can call in sick tomorrow extending my weekend.  My excuse, I had upset stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment